Dr. Judith Cothran.. committed, compassionate, connected
For obstetrics and gynecology, you want a personal, compassionate, academically trained expert by your side.
- Dr. Cothran has 20 years’ experience, including serving as member of Faculty Foundation practices with both Northwestern and Loyola University Hospitals and practiced community medicine prior to launching Women’s Health of Chicago.
- Dr. Cothran has expertise in domestic and international community service policy. She broadened her patient care expertise by providing obstetric and gynecologic care in two of the most underserved communities in Chicago – Roseland and Englewood.
- Dr. Cothran is committed to global women’s health improvement. For many years she has travelled to Belize, Central America with nursing colleagues at Loyola University to bring supplies and provide assistance to local community health nurses and doctors.
- Dr. Cothran lectures at Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine and has received numerous teaching awards.
- Dr. Judith Cothran serves as Medical Director of Emergency Services at Advocate Trinity Hospital
- She founded The Saint Bernard Health Scholars Program with the goal to inspire rising Junior and Senior high school students to consider professional careers in medicine, biomedical research, veterinary medicine, and dentistry.
- Dr. Cothran serves as Board Chair for Deeply Rooted Dance Productions. When not delivering babies, Dr. Judy nurtures her soul through an insatiable appetite for jazz, pop, opera, classical, ballet, modern dance, acting, painting and sculpting.
- In 2013, Dr. Judith Cothran launched Dr. Judy’s Cookie Dough – Our Dough Supports the Arts. Through this endeavor, she is offering consumers the ability to purchase cookie dough made from her personal recipe and bake delectable treats for their family and friends. Dr. Judy’s Cookie Dough will take a portion of its revenues and provide grants through a competitive selection process to Chicago Arts organizations with youth programming.